Reconfigure Your Career To Suit parenthood
- The steps to take when you decide to go back to work - for employed and self-employed parents
- The practical elements of returning to work
- Emotional attachments to both family and work
- Psychological changes that may impact how you view your career as a parent
- Building confidence about returning to your job
- Keep in touch (KIT) days and what to do when you attend one
- Flex working: continue with your job/company but make it work for both parents
- Juggling the work-life balance
- Changing your career altogether
How to get fit – physically AND MENTALLY
- exercise options for this postnatal stage that will work for parents and generate results
- exploring and deciding on your exercise needs and setting healthy and realistic goals
- advice on postnatal body issues that may still be prevalent at this stage, including: split tummy muscles, pelvic floor and loose joints
- eating healthy and well and options to help you lose weight including juice cleanses
- how to manage general parent anxiety and the dreaded mum guilt
- how to build confidence in your ability as a Mum, Partner and Friend
- what if you feel low, exhausted, depressed or lonely at this stage - what does this mean and not mean and where can you go to seek help
Looking ahead to development milestones and ways to encourage your baby
- Walking: how to help baby and equipment to support them
- Talking: how to encourage baby and equipment/books to support them
- First aid: an overview of what to know at this age and stage
- what to expect at this age and stage
- the 8-12-month regression
- the impact of solids on sleep
- the impact of development milestones on sleep such as walking and talking
- naps and the impact, or not, on night-time sleep
- when to call in the sleep expert
Each session (there are two for chapter three), is interactive, informal and fun and takes place over a half-day and led by a number of expert speakers.
1 paid for course place includes attendance of all chapter sessions and for both parents.
Courses will be held in the 5-star Mondrian London Hotel (Sea Containers House) and on a weekend. London Waterloo, Blackfriars and Bridge mainline stations are walking distance from the hotel.
Children are welcome and the venue is child and breastfeeding friendly and has baby-changing facilities.
There is room for buggies inside the room in which the sessions will take place.
Limited Early Bird Pricing: £145.
Usual Price: £175