planning more children
HOW TO COPE WITH THE FEAR OF PREGNANCY-RELATED TRAUMA WHEN TRYING FOR/HAVING MORE CHILDREN
- Trying for another baby after experiencing trauma with past pregnancies, or wanting to prepare in case trauma is experienced. Trauma, for the purpose of this session, is defined as fertility issues, miscarriage, traumatic birth and postnatal mental disorders
- How to manage associated anxiety experienced whilst trying for a second or third baby
- How not to feel lonely as a second, or third time Mum when you're surrounded by first-time parents
HOW TO PREPARE FOR/COPE WITH HAVING A NEW BABY AND OLDER CHILDREN
- The everyday parenting challenges we face and why a lot of the perceived ‘bad’ behaviours enable children to function as adults in later life
- Why you don’t need to reach crisis point with your toddler before seeking guidance
How to manage a baby and a toddler and get the best out of every precious moment and not feel guilty
Dealing with the terrible twos and threenagers: understanding why certain behaviours may be happening and the impact a new baby can then have
How not to assume a child per parent and prevent bonding/resentment issues
- Nursery and pre-school: choosing the right setting for your child
- Understanding the differences between state and public schools and dispelling any myths
- Understanding entrance exams, catchment areas and how to improve your child’s chances of getting into a school
- Pertinent questions to ask nursery and pre-school settings
- Preparing your child for pre-school - supporting learning at home
- Keeping your child on the "right" track (for you) - managing parental pressures
- Toilet training:
- when to start and the signs of readiness
- the stages of toilet training: the do's and don'ts and top tips
- essential equipment
- First aid: an overview of what to know at this stage and age
- Pamper Session: Multi-functional products for your hair, face and body… for you and baby
Each session (there are two for chapter four), is interactive, informal and fun and takes place over a half-day and led by a number of expert speakers.
1 paid for course place includes attendance of all chapter sessions and for both parents.
Courses will be held in the 5-star Mondrian London Hotel (Sea Containers House) and on a weekend. London Waterloo, Blackfriars and Bridge mainline stations are walking distance from the hotel.
Children are welcome and the venue is child and breastfeeding friendly and has baby-changing facilities.
There is room for buggies inside the room in which the sessions will take place.