We want parents to have stronger and more open communities around them and this includes you, the grandparents, wherever you are in the world. We want to equip you to be able to help your child (in law) with advice that is based on what they're told by parenting and medical professionals.
As part of the Grandparents-to-be course, we will give you access to our online courses for two of the most confusing, stressful and worrying areas that parents of today face: the possibility of mental health issues arising and knowing what to look out for, and basic first aid including common illnesses, immunisations and bumps & bangs.
These films cover:
- Illness & Basic First Aid
- We cover a huge range of illnesses and medical issues - from immunisations, to bangs to the head, to vomiting & diarrhoea, to croup and much more
- We explain what each illness and first aid moment entails and how to treat it - mixing traditional and current methods
- Best of all, the content is delivered by a highly experienced Paediatric Nurse - the person you would end up seeing at Accident & Emergency (touch wood you don't need to meet her in person as lovely as she is!)
- Postnatal Mental Health in men and women
- Understanding postnatal depression, birth trauma, new parent anxiety and bonding issues or resentment towards the baby
- Traumatic births: how to understand what happened, how you might be feeling and where to seek help - for men and women
- Knowing what's to be expected in the early days and the signs that can be displayed by either parent when help is needed and where to go
- Looking at how men and women cope and the importance of establishing a parenting constellation and finding your tribe
Normalising the fact that not everyone falls in love with their baby instantly and how parenting might not be what you imagined it to be
Lots of coping mechanisms derived from CBT therapy techniques